At Tom Thumb we provide preschool programs for children from two to five years of age.
We are very fortunate to have two qualified teachers as well as two Duty parents in the classroom with children at all times. A ratio of one adult with four children creates an optimal learning environment.
Our calm, supportive atmosphere helps children move gradually from home to the school environment.
A Typical Day at Tom Thumb
- Two Duty parents arrive and help prepare the day’s activities 30 minutes prior to class.
- Children arrive
- Meeting time: to sing, talk about events at home & the day’s plans
- Free play: painting, puzzles, dress-up, play dough, water table, art projects, blocks …
- Gradual Snack
- Story time: together to enjoy stories and songs
- Outside play or gym play on rainy days
- Children depart
- Duty parents clean-up
Program Notes by Year